We are searching for a journalist to work under the guidance of the editor/publisher of a leading travel industry publication.
The job entails aggregating news, rewriting press releases and learning about the inner workings of the Canadian travel industry, attending events and reporting on them. Some travel required.
· 1-2 years of journalism experience
· Business minded - focus is more on industry issues than destinations
· Able to work within tight deadlines
· Curious about the industry
· General understanding of current events
· Good communication skills, written and oral
· Strong editing and proofreading skills
· Eye for detail and accuracy
· Must be able to work well alone or in a team
· Strong familiarity with photography, video and audio content gathering